Privacy Statement for Forest Foods
Food from the Forest may collect and use the following types of personal information:
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of processing a business transaction or an information request
- Information that you provide to us via business cards, contact forms or external downloads such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address and company to request information about our services or knowledge.
- Where permitted, Voedsel uit het Bos may collect information on specific individuals and companies obtained from other parties. This helps us to keep our records up to date, expand and analyse. But also to identify new customers and interested parties and to offer products and services that may be of interest to you.
Food from the Forest may use your personal data to:
- Process your request, in terms of our services, including downloading white papers.
- Collect or send to you your statements, invoices, or payments
- To offer you relevant information on the activities of Food from the Forest, such as e-mail newsletters, marketing information, offers on services. All according to the new laws or when requested by you.
When you buy or want to buy something from us
While you are visiting our site, we track:
- Products you have viewed: we use this to show, for example, products you have recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we use this for purposes such as estimating taxes and shipping costs
- Shipping address: we ask you to enter this so that we can, for example, estimate the shipping costs before you place an order and send it to you!
When you buy from us, we ask you to provide information, including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card / payment information and optional account information such as username and password. We will use this information for purposes such as:
- sending you information about your account and order
- responding to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- processing payments and preventing fraud
- Setting up your account for our shop
- Meeting any legal obligations we may have, such as taxes.
- improving our retail offering
When you create an account, we store your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number. These are used as a preset for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need it for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and where we are not legally obliged to keep it. We must keep order information for seven years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address, order details, billing and shipping addresses.
We also store comments or reviews if you leave them.
Who in our team has access?
Members of our team have access to the information you provide. For example, administrators have access to:
- FILLED FORMS
- comments left on articles
- the list of newsletter subscribers.
Duration of storage
Personal data is stored as long as permission is granted. If you indicate - for whatever reason - that you no longer wish to receive information by e-mail, such as newsletters, your data will be immediately deleted from our active files. Backups are kept for a maximum of one year.
Right of access, rectification or erasure of personal data
You have the right at any time to see what data we store about you, to request its deletion or modification.
When you visit the Voedsel uit het Bos website, a small file is placed on the hard drive of your computer. These so-called cookies make the Voedsel uit het Bos website(s) more useful by storing information about your preferences. This makes it easier for you to log on and use the website(s) in the future. Cookies do not identify an Internet user personally, but they do identify a user's computer.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you wish, you can set your browser to prevent automatic acceptance. Open the 'help' section of your browser, which explains the various options for dealing with cookies. If you disable cookies, you may not be able to access all the features on our websites.
The Forest Food websites may provide cookies for the following purposes:
- Analysis - We like to optimise the website by tracking users on the website, and thus improving the user experience
- Saving your previously completed forms - this will save time when filling in new forms.
If you have an account and log in to the Food from the Forest website, we store a temporary cookie to determine whether your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal information and is deleted when you close your browser.
After you log in, we store some cookies related to your login details and screen display options. Login cookies are valid for 2 days and display option cookies are valid for 1 year. If you select 'Remember me', your login will be saved for a fortnight. Once you log out of your account, log-in cookies are deleted.
When you edit or publish a post, an extra cookie is stored by your browser. This cookie contains no personal data and only contains the message ID of the article you edited. This cookie expires after one day.
We track the pages you visit using Google Analytics. We collect aggregate data to monitor how our website functions and how we can improve your online experience. We do not knowingly share information with companies such as Google. All IP addresses used by us are anonymous.
Any personal information you provide to us will remain secure and confidential. Food from the Forest will not share your information with other companies. We follow industry standards to protect the information provided to us. We store all your information securely, both during transmission and after we receive it. This protects your data from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, we cannot guarantee that we can eliminate all risk of misuse of your personal information by others with malicious intent. Please keep your own log-in details in a safe place and contact us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your password or any other breach of security.
We may disclose your personal information and/or user information if requested to do so by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities.
Updates to this policy
Contact, questions and complaints
If you have any questions, complaints or wishes with regard to the way Voedsel uit het Bos handles (your) personal data, you can contact Voedsel uit het Bos. You can use the information below.
7383 EB Voorst gem Voorst
06 54 90 53 09
If you are of the opinion that Voedsel uit het Bos has not handled a complaint satisfactorily, you can file a complaint with the Personal Data Authority.