Privacy statement for Food from the Forest
Food from the Forest may collect and use the following types of personal information:
- Information you provide to us for the purpose of processing a business transaction or information request
- Information you provide to us via business cards, contact forms or external downloads such as name, email address, phone number, mailing address and company to request information about our services or knowledge.
- Where permitted, Food from the Forest may collect information about specific individuals and companies obtained from other parties. This helps us to keep our records up to date, expand and analyze them. But also to identify new customers and interested parties and to offer products and services that may be of interest to you.
Food from the Forest may use your personal data to
- Process your request, in terms of our services, including downloading white papers.
- Collect or send to you your statements, invoices, or payments
- Offer you relevant information about Food from the Forest’ work, such as email newsletters, marketing information, offers on services. All according to the new laws or when requested by you.
Who on our team has access?
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. Administrators have access to, for example:
- Completed forms
- Comments left on articles
- The list of newsletter subscribers
Duration of storage
Personal data is stored as long as the permission is given. If you indicate -for whatever reason- that you no longer wish to receive our mailed information, such as newsletters, your data will immediately be removed from our active files. Backups are kept for a maximum of one year.
Right to access, rectify or delete personal data
You have the right at any time to see what data we store about you, to request its deletion or modification.
When you visit the Food from the Forest website, a small file is placed on the hard drive of your computer. These so-called Cookies make the Food from the Forest website(s) more useful, by storing information about your preferences. This makes it easier for you to log in and use the website(s) in the future. Cookies do not personally identify an Internet user, but they do identify a user’s computer.
Most web browsers accept cookies automatically, but if you wish, you can set your browser to prevent cookies from being accepted automatically. Open the ‘help’ section of your browser, which explains the various options for dealing with cookies. If you disable cookies, you may not be able to access all features on our websites.
Food from the Forest websites may provide cookies for the following purposes:
- Analysis – We like to optimize the website by tracking users on the website, and thereby improve the user experience
- Saving your previously completed forms – this is to save time when filling out new forms.
If you have an account and log in to the Food from the Forest website, we store a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie does not contain any personal information and is deleted once you close your browser.
After you log in, we store some cookies related to your login information and screen display options. Login cookies are valid for 2 days and screen display options cookies are valid for 1 year. If you select ‘Remember me’, your login will be stored for two weeks. Once you log out of your account, login cookies are deleted.
When you edit or publish a post, an additional cookie is stored by your browser. This cookie does not contain any personal data and only contains the message ID of the article you edited. This cookie expires after one day.
We track the pages you visit through Google Analytics. We collect aggregate data to monitor how our website functions and how we can improve your online experience We do not knowingly share information with companies such as Google. All IP addresses used by us are anonymous.
All personal information you provide to us will remain secure and confidential. Food from the Forest will not share your information with other companies. We follow industry standards to protect the information provided to us. We store all your information securely, both during transmission and after we receive data. This protects your information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, we cannot guarantee that we can eliminate all risk of misuse of your personal information by others with malicious intent. Please keep your own login information in a safe place and contact us immediately if you notice any unauthorized use of your password or any other breach of security.
We may release your personal information and/or user information if we are requested to do so by the police or any other regulatory or government agency investigating suspected illegal activity.
Updates to this policy
Contact, Questions and Complaints
If you have any questions, complaints or wishes with regard to the way Food from the Forest handles (your) personal data, you can contact us. You can use the information below.
7383 EB Voorst gem Voorst
+31(0)6 54 90 53 09
If you feel that Food from the Forest has not handled a complaint satisfactorily, you can file a complaint with the Dutch Personal Data Authority.